Perfect for travellers by car and by train
By train / on foot
7-minute walk to the main station.
From the main railway station in Solothurn, take Hauptbahnhofstrasse (on station square between the Zahnärtezentrum (dentists’s centre) and bus platform "C"). Walk towards the river Aare. Turn left before the bridge Kreuzackerbrücke and go along Kreuzackerquai to Berntorstrasse.
- From the motorway A5 take the exit “Solothurn West”
- Follow the sign “Vorstadt Solothurn”
- Follow the sign “Parkhaus Berntor” and look for the hotel signpost “Roter Ochsen”
- As our guest, you are permitted to drive in front of the hotel. GPS Navigator ID: Berntorstrasse 9.
Our hotel is located only 150 metres from the public parking garage “Berntor”. After having dropped off your luggage directly in front of the hotel, you can drive to the parking garage.
GPS Navigator ID for the parking garage: Dornacherplatz 7.
Reduced car park tickets (must be purchased in advance at the hotel reception):
- Night ticket from 5 pm to 8 am, CHF 10
- 24-hour ticket, CHF 16
- 48-hour ticket, CHF 32
- 72-hour ticket, CHF 48
“Blue Zone”: free street parking is available in the blue marked zones between 6.00 pm and 8 am (on Saturday from 6.00 pm until Monday morning 8 am). The blue zone is only a few minutes’ walk from the hotel.
We provide a protected area as well as repair tools and repair material for our guests’ bicycles.